With Join It, organizations can connect their Slack groups so that all of your notifications can be sent to where your team already works, Slack.
What does it do?
- Create a notification for all members to be sent to a specific channel
- Create a notification for members from a specific membership type to a specific channel
- Setup multiple automations, so that notifications for members from specific membership types can go to separate channels.
Note: If you'd like to Invite Members to your Slack group instead, you can find those instructions here.
How do I set it up?
To connect Slack and make sure you receive notifications, follow these steps:
- Sign up for you account on Join It and go through the onboarding process to get your initial set-up.
- To connect your Slack account, navigate to the 'Automations' section of Join It.
- Select the card that's labeled 'Slack'.
- If you haven't already connected your Slack account, then you'll be prompted to click on the button that says "Connect Slack" and then login with your Slack credentials.
- Select that you'd like to 'Send Notification of new Members to Slack'
- Select which membership types you want to be included in the setup of this automation (you can select 'All Members' or a single membership type).
- Select which Slack channel you want to receive a notification when a new member joins
- Click 'Create Automation' and you're all set!