Slack has quickly taken over the world as the messaging platform of choice -- and many organizations that use Join It asked about connecting their Slack groups to automatically send out invitations when members join.
Well, we have some good news!
With Join It, you can now connect your Member Database to your Slack Group.
How do I set it up?
To connect Slack and make sure you receive notifications, follow these steps:
- Sign up for you account on Join It and go through the onboarding process to get your initial set-up.
- To connect your Slack account, navigate to the 'Automations' section of Join It.
- Select the card that's labeled 'Slack'.
- If you haven't already connected your Slack account, then you'll be prompted to click on the button that says "Connect Slack" and then login with your Slack credentials.
- Select that you'd like to 'Invite new Members to Slack'
- Select which membership types you want to be included in the setup of this automation (you can select 'All Members' or a single membership type).
- Select which Slack channel you want to receive a notification when a new member joins
- Click 'Create Automation' and you're all set!