We're excited to launch our integration with QuickBooks Online, so that your membership payments will be automatically synced to your QuickBooks account.
Description of the Automation
Organizations can connect their Join It membership database to their QuickBooks Online, so that membership payments will automatically create Invoices / Payments in the connected QuickBooks Online account.
How to Set Up
- To set up your Automation between Join It and QuickBooks, you can go directly to this link: https://www.joinit.org/automations/quickbooks
- When initially setting up the connection between Join It and QuickBooks Online, you'll be redirect to QuickBooks / Intuit to 'approve' Join It's access.
- Once approved and connected, Join It will pull the respective 'Items' from your QuickBooks account, so that we can properly categorize your membership payments.
- You'll want to make sure to choose an invoice out of that item list.
- After you select the respective Item, your Automation will be set up.
- All future membership payments will be automatically synced to your QuickBooks Online account.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are Customers created (or matched) in QuickBooks Online?
When sending information from Join It to QuickBooks Online, Join It will match on the customer's 'DisplayName' in QuickBooks. Join It will use the Display Name that's set up in Join It depending on your settings. Learn more about adjusting the Display Name / Primary Field in Join It.
How do I choose which Items the Invoices in QuickBooks are associated with?
After you make the initial connections between QuickBooks Online and Join It, you'll be prompted to select from a list of 'Items' that are pulled from your QuickBooks Online account. You only need to make this selection once during set up.
How do I test the integration on my QuickBooks Online account?
Once you establish the connection and finalize the automation, new payments will start to be pushed to your QuickBooks Online account when collected via Join It.
To test the integration, we recommend that you add yourself as a member in admin (https://www.joinit.org/members/new) then from your membership record, scroll to the bottom to select 'Add Payment'.
When adding a payment, select an 'Offline Payment'.
Once the payment has been added, you should see the respective Customers, Invoices, and Payments created in your connected QuickBooks Online account.
Does Join It automatically sync old membership payments?
Nope! To avoid the headache of adding duplicate data unintentionally, Join It will not automatically backdate your payments into your connected QuickBooks Online account.
Do you need help backdating payments? If so, let us know!