When creating your Membership Types under the 'Advanced Settings', you have the option to select between two different Registration Types:
- Individual -- Individual is the default registration type. When this registration type is selected, the price varies depending on the quantity of memberships.
- Group -- Group is a special registration type. When this registration type is selected, the price does not vary depending on the quantity of memberships. For example, if the Membership Type has a price of $50 -- then the payment will be $50 regardless of whether I'm registering 2 members or 5 members. This functionality is often paired with the Membership Type settings that allow Organizations to limit the number of Memberships in an Order (e.g. an Order quantity limit of 5 would mean that a maximum of 5 members could be included in a group).
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I set up a Group Membership type?
You can set up your Group Membership type by creating a new Membership type and expanding the 'Display advanced options for adding membership types' button found at the bottom of the New Membership type screen. That will allow you to change the Registration type from 'Individual' to 'Group'.
How do I import my Memberships in Groups from another system?
When doing a Bulk Import, you can also group together Memberships as a Group (in case you're coming from an existing system that supports this concept).
Steps to create Group associations in a Bulk Import:
- Once you've downloaded you're Bulk Import template, add one more column (it doesn't matter the order/position of this column) with a header of 'owner_email').
- When the Bulk Upload is done, the system will 'attach' memberships that share an 'owner_email' under the same Group.
- In the example below, both members -- Diana & Bruce -- would have membership records created and they would be attached under the same Group.