Quick and easy
Creating custom fields for your Members is quick and easy.
Join It allows you to customize which fields will be collected by membership type, so that you can collect exactly what you need from each group of members. And once a custom field is created for your Organization, we give you the ability to add that custom field to all your membership types without having to recreate that custom field each time.
How to create custom fields:
- Navigate to the 'Members' section of Join It and click 'Member Settings' in the upper-right navigation (alternatively, you could click on an individual 'Membership Type' from your dashboard and select 'Edit Questions').
- To create the Custom Fields required for your Membership database, click on the button that says 'Create Custom Field'
- Enter the prompt that you want for the custom field
- Click 'Create Custom Field'
- Lastly, you'll have to 'Activate' these custom fields on each of your Membership Types.
You can create different types of custom fields to appear on your checkout form. These include:
- Textbox: A simple one-line input field for a member to write any text.
- Paragraph Textbox: A larger multi-line input field for a member to write a paragraph of text.
- Radio: Give multiple options that are displayed for the user to select a single choice.
- Dropdown: Give multiple options that are collapsed for the user to select a single choice.
- Checkbox: Give multiple options that are displayed for the user to select as many choices as they want.
- Waiver: Include a body of text that the user has to 'Accept' before purchasing.
You can also set any Custom field as an Admin-only field within the Growth or Total Package Subscription tier. To create and Active an Admin-only field you'll want to follow the directions below:
- First you'll want to create the Custom field, and toggle on the Admin-only field switch.
- Then you'll want to navigate to the main Custom fields page, and click on the tab that says 'Activate Custom Fields'.
- Then you'll scroll down to the bottom of that page, and that's where you'll see the Admin-only fields listed.
- You'll want to click on the Admin-only fields, and then toggle those fields to Active there and hit Save.
- Then you can go into each Member's membership to see the Admin-only field that you've activated. You can edit the information there for you and your Admin's to see. :)
Ordering of the custom fields
For the 'custom fields' only (excluding the default questions that can be activated), you can determine the order that they appear on the checkout page by the order they are 'activated'. More specific detail can be found here.
If you have any questions or feedback, then we'd love to hear!